Friday, May 31, 2013

Italian Lakes Vintage Travel Poster

Vintage Travel Posters

Through the years, I've found some vintage travel posters in antique shops and flea markets. I have quite a few U.S. as well as European posters. This Italian Lakes poster is an incredible vintage Italian travel poster that shows a lake and mountains in back of a church bell tower, a Cyprus tree, and an Italian village. The travel poster was a poster for ENIT, ca. 1930.

I guess I'm really in the mood to do some traveling and checking out a few new antique artifacts to add to the collection, and this poster reminds me of a place I might want to re-visit. I've been to the Italian Lakes district, around Lake Como, and I was awed by the area - it's a quiet little nook of pure and dazzling sunlight. The buildings are antique, the setting is vintage, and the countryside is classic, just like you'd picture it to be in a vintage movie from the roaring 20s. The little pension we stayed in had decor that fit the landscape; lace doilies on the dresser, 10-foot windows opening onto a balcony, and little floral nick-knacks and dusty old paintings. This wonderful Italian Lakes poster is quite a lovely reminder of one of the most fabulous trips of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment